If you’re a local business, you know that good Google reviews are key to attracting new customers. 64% of internet searches are done through Google. And 92% of customers read online reviews – with the star rating their #1 factor for judging a business. The more good reviews you have, the better it is for your business.
Note: You need at least 5 reviews before your star rating is visible in searches.
But getting reviews was not easy. Here’s the old process for getting Google reviews from your customers:
- Tell them to go to Google Maps
- Tell them to search for your business name
- Tell them to click the Write a review link hidden at the bottom of business listing
Thankfully, there’s now an easier way!
How to create a Google reviews link
Go to this Google review link generator. Enter your business name in the search box, then select your business. Once you’ve done that, you’ll have options below the map save a direct link to leave a review, a shortened link or a QR code.
Here are the review links for a local business, Sunrise Pro Websites:
Short link: https://goo.gl/agbBrI
How easy is that?
How to get more Google reviews from your customers
The best way to get reviews is to ask for them! Here’s the example email we use to ask our customers:
It was a pleasure working on your project! Would you mind taking a moment to leave us a short and honest review on Google? Please leave your review here: www.bricksandclicks.marketing/reviews
If you have clients that you frequently text with, sending a text is an even quicker way to get a review. Here’s a sample text:
It was a pleasure working on your project! Would you mind taking a moment to review us on Google? → www.bricksandclicks.marketing/reviews
Here are some more ideas to get more Google reviews from your customers
- Include the short link and ask a satisfied customer to leave a review in a thank you email
- Include the short link and ask a satisfied customer to leave a review in a thank you text
- Create an easy-to-remember forwarding link from your website. Example: www.yourbusiness.com/reviews forwards to the review link
- Add your customers to your mailing list and include the review link in your welcome email
- Add the review link to your email signature
- Add a small banner on your site, ideally with your testimonials, requesting reviews from happy customers
And don’t forget to always thank your reviewers and let them know their efforts are appreciated!